Afternoon Tea at the Writer's Bar (Raffles Makati)

Since our gift certificate includes a complimentary afternoon cocktails at the Writer's Bar, I decided to check out what they have in store for me. After settling in at our suite, I went down the lobby and went straight to the Writer's Bar. Afternoon cocktails starts at 2:30 up to 5:30 PM daily.

The place is relatively small, but cozy. Lots of comfortable sofas and chairs, beautiful paintings, and plenty of books to read from the bookshelves.

There's a pianist playing all sorts of classical music that I'm unfamiliar with.

Upon checking closely, there are books about Pediatrics, Roman Empire, Encyclopedias, and a whole lot more. It's like a mini library.
Coffee was served.
It was my first time in a long time to see or even use sugar cubes
so I thought I'd take a picture.



The Food:
 
Ta-da! A 3-tier tower of assorted breads and French pastries!
The mini sandwiches.
From left to right: Roast beef sandwich, egg sandwich, cucumber sandwich, and salmon sandwich. My personal favorites are the salmon and the egg.
 I really didn't expect it to be this much. I thought it was going to be like a small plate of cookies and a cup of coffee, but noo!
The complimentary afternoon cocktails is actually good for 2 people: Your choice of brewed Singaporean coffee or tea with a set of assorted pastries and mini sandwiches. Very sosyal!

-------------------------------
Click on the next page to read about our buffet breakfast at the Spectrum

No comments:

Post a Comment