Goldilocks' Marble Chiffon Cake

It was my son's graduation last Saturday and I thought I just had to buy at least a cake to celebrate the occasion. The first cake store that popped up in my mind was Goldilocks because we mostly buy cakes from them whenever we have a special occasion. I checked their website (http://www.goldilocks.com.ph) and I saw their marble chiffon cake which won my heart. I thought its design was well-suited for the occasion.



And so I went to the store and bought the cake in advance. Here's what the cake looked like:

For the price of Php450, I thought it was a great bargain. The cake did look nice. Besides the affordable price, the description of the cake from the website says that the marble cake is a "combination of chocolate and vanilla chiffon iced with buttercream icing". Their male cashier even said the same thing so I was expecting that I would be eating half vanilla and half chocolate cake. My sister and I were quite excited to eat it.

As we sliced the cake, I was shocked to see the inside:

A slice of Marble Chiffon Cake
As you can see in the picture, there's NO chocolate chiffon!!! There's only vanilla chiffon and vanilla buttercream inside. When I called Goldilocks about it, the lady I talked to said, "Ganun po talaga, ma'm ang marble chiffon namin. Yung chocolate po niya, chocolate swirls lang po siya sa taas." I was very disappointed. I simply said thank you and hung up the phone.

When we tasted the cake, it's much worse. It was too sweet and the buttery taste of the icing is just overwhelming. I only had 2 bites of it then I couldn't take any more. My sister only had one bite and then went upstairs without saying a word. My husband ate half a slice and then he said it reminded him of his 5th birthday party when he was saddened with the taste of his birthday cake.


Lessons learned:
  1. If you're looking for a great-tasting cake, I would not recommend the G's marble chiffon cake.
  2. Never buy buttercream icing cakes. Buy the marshmallow icing ones.
  3. Whenever you have a special occasion, don't be scared to spend a little more especially on the cake because if the cake doesn't taste good, the celebration is ruined.
I really love Goldilocks's cakes. I really do, but I think this marble chiffon is a disappointment for me. Sad to say, I will never order this cake again.

2 comments:

  1. Red Ribbon is still the best for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Pareho kayo ng sister ko. Gusto din Red Ribbon :D

      Delete