Tous Les Jours' Monster Cake

Last October 31, I was having a hard time deciding where to buy the perfect Halloween cake for my family. There were plenty of choices actually. Fortune, Goldilocks, Tous Les Jours, etc. In the end, I chose Tous Les Jours because of the name and because I had a voucher from Deal Grocer :P

Tous Les Jours' Blue Monster Cake -
Chocolate chiffon covered in buttercream
When I first saw the cake, my first reaction was, "Hmm...it's a bit small." I placed a ruler on top of it and it only measures almost 7 inches.

Chocolate chiffon with choco filling.
The inside is very similar to their bear cake which was quite disappointing for me.


The taste was so-so. Nothing much to brag about - only the design. I told myself not never to buy any cakes with butter cream icing on them.

What really made me sad was their price of P698! It's sooo expensive! At this price, I should have bought a 12x12 chocolate cake from Goldilocks or a regular sized Black Forest from Red Ribbon or better yet, a Mango Bravo from Contis'! *sigh* Sorry, Tous Les Jours. I love your store and I love your bread and pastries, but for this particular cake, it's a thumbs down for me.


Tous Les Jours
http://www.tlj.ph/

*This particular cake was purchased at:
SM Southmall Branch
1170 UGF SM Southmall,
Alabang, Zapote Road,
Almanza Uno, Las Pinas City
(02)621-0637

No comments:

Post a Comment