Our Sunday Buffet Dinner at The Pantry

Last year, we had the opportunity to eat a wonderful buffet breakfast at Dusit's all-day dining restaurant, Basix. But now, Basix no longer exists as they replaced it with a new restaurant called "The Pantry." Luckily, I still have my free buffet dinner voucher good for 2 from my Dusit Wine & Dine membership so we had the chance to discover what The Pantry offers for simple diners like us. Without the voucher, a dinner for two would cost us around Php2,800. Kids 5 years and below eat for free.

The Pantry at Dusit Thani Makati

The Pantry at Dusit Thani Makati - formerly known as Basix
The Pantry's facade.
It looks very inviting especially after seeing those desserts being displayed.
Busy diners at the Pantry
I always love wood furniture and interiors because it gives a homey atmosphere to the place. On the other hand, I did notice that the place is a bit smaller, or should I say it accommodates fewer diners than Basix did.

The Food:


Salad
Salads
At first, they looked like candies, but if you look closer, they're salads. 

The Pantry Dinner: Shrimps
Seafood.
I only saw shrimps and nothing more.

The Pantry: Bread
Only a few bread selections. I wasn't able to taste one, unfortunately. I should have had. 

The Pantry: Pizza
I took two slices of pizza and they both tasted like they were baked fresh from the oven. The dough was soft and chewy, and they were actually flavorful. They're not bland, unlike the ones I've tasted from other buffets.

They also have a pasta section where you can request the assigned chef to make it for you.

The Pantry: Pizza Toppings
Some choice of toppings for your pasta/pizza

The Pantry: Indian Food
Indian Food

The Pantry: Lechon
Lechon
The Pantry: Roast Beef and Lamb Meat
Roast Beef and Lamb Meat. This is the reason why I became full so soon. I ate plenty of slices of these meats. I had a few slices, had them cooked, and they were juicy, tender, and flavorful just the way I like it.
The Pantry: Lamb Shawarma
Lamb Shawarma.
I really wish I tasted one.

Desserts: 


The Pantry: Desserts
I tasted these three and they all tasted distinctively delicious. The pink ones on the right tasted salty-sweet, but it gives a different but delicious kick from the sweet selections.

The Pantry: Muffins
Muffins

The Pantry: Desserts
I forgot what this is, but it tasted delicious! 

I don't know the name, but the dessert served in a glass (upper right) tasted like pandan-flavored Panna Cotta. They were really delicious - not too sweet, but "creamy-licious" good.

Sadly, that's all the pictures I have. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't serve any Japanese maki or sushi. I also didn't see any crepes or chocolate fountains for the kids. But I did notice that all the food served on their buffet selections (that I tasted) was good and tasty. No bland food whatsoever was present in their spread. So even though they have a smaller selection of food compared to Basix, I think they focused on improving the quality and taste of their food from appetizers to desserts so thumbs up to that. 

I highly recommend this place for special occasions like Mother's Day, Father's Day, birthdays, or even anniversaries. You won't be disappointed with their food. 


The Pantry
Ground Floor
Dusit Thani, Manila 
Tel. No. 238-8888

No comments:

Post a Comment