Get Your Birth Certificate, Certificate of Marriage, and Other Records Online!

It’s been more than a year since the Philippines has been under community quarantine and most people, including myself, are afraid of going out to avoid catching the COVID-19 virus that still lingers across the country. I personally have been doing things online like buying my groceries online, doing bank transactions, online, and purchasing food online.

But what about records like birth certificates, marriage contracts, and the like? Do we have to go to the office to get a copy of our documents?

PSA Helpline

No! You can now order a copy of your PSA  Certificate of Live Birth, a Certificate of Marriage, a Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR), or request for a Certificate of Death online from the Philippine Statistics Authority website. 

Here’s a step by step guide on how to order your birth certificate through PSA Helpline PH website: 

1. Go to psahelpline.ph. Click "Get Started" button. 


2. Select the document that you wish to order. In our example, we are requesting for a birth certificate. 

NOTE: You can also order your copies of your CENOMAR/Marriage Certificate, or your relative's Death Certificate in this website by selecting which document you wish to order as shown below. 


3. Select to whom you want to request the document for. In our example, I am ordering a copy of my birth certificate for myself. 


4. Fill up the information asked: 

5. Fill up father's name. If you don't have your father's details on the birth certificate, simply click the checkbox of "There is no Father's Name in the Certificate of Live Birth." 


6. Next is to fill up mother's name. This is mandatory so you have to at least know your mother's first name, maiden middle name, and maiden last name or else you cannot proceed with the order. 



7. Enter your place of birth. 

8. Select if your birth certificate was already digitized by the PSA. When I requested for my birth certificate and my year of birth is 1981, it was already been digitized so for this example, I'll select "No, it was registered on time." 



9. Select the purpose of your request. For this example, I'll select school requirement because that's my most common reason why I kept requesting for these documents. 


10. Select if there was any legal proceeding done with your birth certificate.  In my case, there's none. 


11. Enter your shipping details:


12. Order confirmation. After entering your details, the website will confirm if you entered the correct shipping info. You may also enter how many copies you need for the certificate you requested. 





13. After confirmation, you will proceed to payment. The price of the birth certificate is 365 pesos. There are plenty of payment options for you to choose from. 


14. For this example, I clicked GCash just to see what happens. After clicking it, the website immediately prompted me to the Gcash terminal. 


I did not proceed anymore because they will already charge me :)  After confirmation of payment, all you have to do is wait at the comfort of your own home to receive your document/s. It's 3-4 working days if you're residing within Metro Manila and 7 to 8 working days if you're residing in provincial area. 

From the experience, I'm happy with the following: 

  • Filling up of the form is pretty easy
  • Website is easy to use
  • Has plenty of payment options to choose from
  • Doesn't require you to register first before requesting for documents. 

You may also visit their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PSAHelpline.ph

Have you tried PSA Helpline PH website's services already? Write them in the comments below. 


No comments:

Post a Comment