Ms. Polly's Carrot Cake

My sister's birthday was held last Saturday and one of her favorite cakes is a carrot cake. I've looked for carrot cakes around. Red Ribbon and Goldilocks have already phased out their carrot cakes. There are restaurants offering carrot cakes, but they're a bit pricey. Their whole cakes ranges from Php700 to Php900 for a 7 or 8 inch carrot cake. So I searched even further and I found out about Ms. Polly's carrot cake which costs only P490 for a whole 8-inch cake. I've also been hearing some good reviews from different blogs about it so I thought it's worth to try.



 Yes, their chocolate cake is award-winning :)

 Carrot Cake: P490 - very reasonably priced!
I've added a few edible candy flower decorations on the cake for an additional fee of P35.

8-inch round carrot cake. Cream cheese on top sprinkled with cinnamon, but I think they've added lemon on the cream cheese because it has a citrus-like flavor in it.

The cake itself is quite moist and chewy with plenty of carrot bits. The cream cheese topping really goes well with it. I really hated carrot cakes, but this cake really changed my opinion on them. 

Unfortunately, my sister didn't like the cream cheese topping. She liked the cake itself, though. She said she still prefers the carrot cake in Figaro even more. *sigh*



4 comments:

  1. What an adorable carrot cake!
    I don't usually like carrot cake, but this one looks delicious <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I highly recommend their carrot cake. It tastes really good! ;) Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting. i've only tried their choco cake :) my fave carrot cake is the choco carrot cake from Chocolat.

    ReplyDelete