#NationalSuperMomsDay at SM BF Paranaque: My DIY Cake in a Jar Making Experience


This afternoon, I was invited to join the SM BF Paranaque's DIY Cake in a Jar event, a special tribute to mothers this mother's day. Cakes in a jar have been popular for quite some time now and I often see them being sold in bazaars. I have always been curious on how to make one of those so I decided to put the mystery to rest and learn how to do it by attending the tutorial.


It’s actually my very first time to attend an event like this so I was a bit nervous and excited at the same time. I was told I could bring my child with me so I brought my 4-year-old daughter. 


All the materials and ingredients needed were already laid out on the table as we sat down. There were two jars in different sizes, plastic spoons, whipped cream, rice crispies, crushed Grahams, edible heart toppers. 

Chef Jae Bermudez from Fluffy Bakes as the speaker
The instructions of Chef Jae were simple as 1-2-3. First, put 2-3 teaspoons of graham powder inside the jar as its base. Second, put just enough whipped cream, then the rice crispies, then the heart toppers. We were also given choco chips and choco syrup as additional toppings.  Lastly, place the white circular paper on top of the jar and then seal the jar with the cover. That's it! Simple, right?

Me and my daughter
Although the instructions were simple, some of us have other methods in mind :D My daughter insisted on mixing the graham and the whipped cream first. Well, who am I stop her from making her own version of cake in a jar :D In the end, it still tastes delicious. 


Yup. She ate her work even before she finished. Ha ha! That's how good it was and it shows how she's really enjoying what she's doing. We're making a mess, but we're loving what we're doing. I'm really glad I brought her to this event.

This is my unfinished cake in a jar.

And these are the finished products! 

These are the finished products (with serving spoons)! 
These cakes in a jar are really easy to make and they would make great gifts or giveaways. A fellow mom even voiced out that it's a great activity for kiddie parties, which I also agree.  


So that summarizes our DIY Cake in a Jar event experience. Thank you, SM BF, for the invitation and making my Mother's Day a unique, fun, and educational one. Plus, my little one enjoyed it, too. It was a great bonding experience for us.I hope you make more events like this in the future. 

There are still lots of events coming your way this Mother's Day at the SM BF Paranaque. Check out the poster below for the schedule: 


No comments:

Post a Comment