Ways to Make Money From Home



During my younger days, I used to work in an office where I worked 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, and it was pretty exhausting. Not only do I have to work 8 hours a day, but I also have to deal with the daily struggles of commuting.

So when I became pregnant with my first child, I decided to stop working and focus on taking care of my baby. It was one of the decisions I made that I would never regret. But now that my son is big enough, I realized that I cannot fully rely on my husband’s salary alone because he’s earning just enough for our daily needs. What if there was an emergency? What if I wanted to buy something for myself? And believe me, you would definitely want to buy something for yourself or else you’d go nuts.

Working Online: Sell Products or Sell Services


So I searched online on how to earn from home. I found some complicated financial sites at first and then eventually I was able to find some websites that were easy to understand for someone not familiar with stocks and such like myself.  

There were two things I realized.  One is you can earn online by selling items online or like being a re-seller or in a buy and sell business. That’s what you call being an entrepreneur. You can also read a lot of articles online on how to become an entrepreneur.  All I can tell about being one is that entrepreneurs nowadays would use their social media channels like Facebook , Instagram, or Pinterest to sell their stuff  because a lot of people are connected there and they’re good platforms to promote awareness for your brand. Some moms would offer to sell homemade goodies like cakes, cookies, brownies and the like. Some resell frozen goods, perfumes, bags, and lots of other stuff. The possibilities are endless, I guess.

Another way of earning online is to find a client and offer your services. It’s like literally working from home because instead of working in an office, you do your work at home. This is where I belong because right now I’m working as a transcriptionist at home. My client gives me the audios through email and I transcribe the files at home, then I simply submit the files through email. He pays me through Paypal.

For starters, you can start  looking for work online by going to employment pages like Upwork, Remotasks.com, or even search in Google of job vacancies. You can find a lot of stuff there. Surprisingly, you can also find jobs in Facebook and LinkedIn. In Facebook, I was a member of a group named “Freelancer Philippines” and once in a while, someone would post a home-based job there. That’s where I got lucky and got employed to a job I applied to.

If you’re a writer, then you’re in luck because I think this era is for you. A lot of people are looking for online writers for a company's social media channels, websites, and the like. You can make a blog where you can discuss about yourself; your accomplishments, previous experiences, and also write down what service you can offer  together with your rates. You can also maintain a personal blog about your travels, about food, fashion, or even about pets and you can also earn through advertisements.  

So I just gave you somewhat of an overview on working online. I hope this article has helped you somehow. If you have suggestions or comments, please write them down below in the comments area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment