Health Practices of My Family with Nutroplex

Every family has its practices when it comes to taking care of their health. Many years ago, my husband and I decided that when our son turned 4, we would enroll him to a sport that he loves every summer time.  We also considered it as a health practice for our children every summer so they learn new skills, be exposed outdoors, be more active, invoke social skills, and make the best out of summer like me and my husband did when we were young. 

Our Family :)


So when Nico turned 4, he said he wanted to play soccer and so we enrolled him. He’s been  loving it ever since. He loves the sport and he loves the benefits that comes around with it such as meeting new friends and playing with them after each soccer session.  



Nico at 4 years old

Strangely, there were times that he would complain that he would feel  some slight muscle cramps specifically his calf muscles after playing and then disappears.  For me, I thought it was a  natural side effect because soccer is indeed a tiresome sport that requires a lot of physical activity.  I remembered when I was young that I, too, suffered from minor muscle cramps after running and playing for hours so I thought it was just normal.   We instructed him to eat a bit more during meals and rest more when he has free time, and he did. It slightly improved his condition, but sometimes he could still feel the slight discomfort after soccer.

Out of curiosity, I did some research online on possible causes of muscle cramps and I found out that one possible cause of muscle cramps is vitamin deficiency.  Deficiencies of B vitamins such as Thiamine (B1) and Pyridoxine (B6) were believed to be directly or indirectly lead to muscle cramps.  It was an eye-opener for me because the only vitamin supplement that my son was taking was Ascorbic Acid for vitamin C and he would also drink some milk for his calcium intake. That’s the time I realized that, indeed, he needs to take more vitamins to meet his body’s daily requirements.



Luckily, at that same day, we saw this commercial on TV about this multivitamin syrup called “Nutroplex” informing us that it contains the essential vitamins and minerals needed for mental and physical growth that promotes overall good health.

I also searched online what Nutroplex is all about.  I stumbled upon Unilab’s website and this is what I found:

What is Nutroplex?

This product is a multivitamin-mineral preparation. It provides essential nutrients such as Iron, vitamins B1, B6 and B12 for optimal mental and physical growth and development; B-complex vitamins (Vitamins B1, B2, B6, B12, and Niacinamide) for energy metabolism; Vitamin A and Iron to help enhance the child’s immune system; plus calcium, vitamin D, and magnesium to promote healthy bones and teeth. Together, these benefits translate into optimum mental alertness and overall general good health. This product will also prevent anemia and other common nutritional deficiencies in children that may impair their normal daily activities and active physical performance.

Each 5 mL (1 teaspoonful) syrup contains:
Retinol Palmitate (Vitamin A
2,500 IU
Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3)
200 IU
Thiamine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B1)
10 mg
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2)
1.25 mg
Niacinamide
12.5 mg
Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6)
5 mg
Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12)
50 mcg
Iron, elemental (as Ferrous Sulfate, 75 mg)
15 mg
Calcium (as Calcium Glycerophosphate)
12.5 mg
Magnesium (as Gluconate)
4 mg
Lysine Hydrochloride
12.5 mg

Source: http://www.unilab.com.ph/products/nutroplex/

Since it has the B vitamins that I was looking for plus other essential vitamins,  I bought one bottle of Nutroplex in heartbeat. The price was also quite reasonable.  I bought a 120ml bottle for Php 141. After my son’s breakfast, he would take one teaspoon daily. We still made sure that he still continues to eat right and to take naps whenever he can.

After a few days of taking Nutroplex, I noticed some significant change with my son and that is he never complains about any muscle cramps anymore except, of course, when he got hit by a ball or anything within that nature.  He gets to enjoy the sport even more and really became active all year round. I also get to have a peace of mind whenever he’s playing because I know that his body is fully equipped with the nutrients it needs. 

Nico at 8 years old 
That’s why it has become our daily health practice that my son and also my 3-year-old daughter take Nutroplex daily to help them achieve a healthy body and an alert mind which is essential for their development regardless of what season it may be. 






1 comment:

  1. Multivitamin Syrup - BioTone vitamins minerals Syrup is an amino acid and multivitamin preparation recommended as a dietary supplement for overall Health

    ReplyDelete