Christening Event in Gloria Maris Eastwood Branch

Last Saturday, we got invited to a Christening event by one of my husband's friends. My dear hubby was made the godfather or "ninong" of the child.  Traveling from Paranaque to Christ the King Church in Ortigas was worth it because it's really delightful to see little ones being baptized and becoming members of the Catholic Church. 

After the Christening, we went to Gloria Maris in the Eastwood Mall branch where the reception was held. I have been to Gloria Maris in Alabang before, but I was a bit surprised how simple but elegant the Eastwood branch is.

Gloria Maris Eastwood Branch
As we entered the restaurant, the kids got distracted right away by the huge aquariums filled with shrimps, fish, and crabs. 

Gloria Maris Eastwood Branch
During these moments, I thought, "So... we don't need to go to Ocean Park, right? This is good enough for you (lol)." 
Gloria Maris Eastwood Branch: Aquarium
A closer look at the aquarium

Gloria Maris Eastwood Branch: Tables
At the right side of the hallway, there are chairs and tables situated by the window with a very nice view

Gloria Maris Eastwood Branch: View from the Table
You can bring someone special here. 


Gloria Maris Eastwood Branch: Busy Place
At the end of the hallway,there's a spacious room where the reception was. I am estimating it can accommodate up to 100 people. 

Gloria Maris Eastwood Branch: Christening
Table Number 17 good for 10 pax
Seafood and Spinach Soup
They first served the soup: Seafood and Spinach Soup
One of the finest soups I've tasted in my life. It was my first time to try a green-colored soup and it was wonderful and satisfying.  The soup has a slightly thick texture with soft seafood chunks that's really appetizing.  I'm not actually sure what seafoods were included in there, but overall, it tasted great.



Hakaw and  Pork Siomai
Hakaw and  Pork Siomai
Once again, the best hakaw and pork siomai I've tasted. I'm starting to think I don't go out a lot, but hands down, these are the best dimsums I've tasted so far. They're not the type that were poorly made or "parang tinipid." Each dimsum is filled with fresh ingredients (including chubby shrimps) and they're very tasty - definitely worth every penny.  I can actually eat only this and be happy. 
Yang Chow Fried Rice
Yang Chow Fried Rice
This rice can be a meal in itself. 

Beef with Broccoli
Beef with Broccoli 
Not much of a fan of beef with broccoli, but my husband said it was good. 
Duck Wrap
Roast Duck wrap
I ate 5 of this succulent meat with sweet hoisin sauce and veggies in the wrap without the guilt of thinking it was healthy because it was oil-free.

Gloria Maris Crispy Fried Chicken
Gloria Maris Crispy Fried Chicken
I wasn't able to taste this because I was so full at the time it was served. 

fish fillet, pepper spare ribs
Fish Fillet with Tausi Sauce (above) and Fried Spareribs with Salt and Pepper (below)

If I wasn't full, I would have eaten half of that fish fillet! Very soft and almost melt-in-your-mouth fish fillet flavored with semi-sweet tausi sauce really tasted good with their Yang Chow Fried Rice. I wasn't able to taste the spareribs sad to say. 

Crispy Pata (above) and Diced duck meat with diced vegetables served on a cabbage
Crispy Pata (above) and Diced duck meat with diced vegetables served on a cabbage
I'm not entirely sure if the above image is crispy pata because I wasn't able to taste it. The diced duck meat on the other hand also goes well with the Yang Chow fried rice. 

Gloria Maris Food
There was also some birthday noodles that I wasn't able to take a picture. 

Gloria Maris Set Menu Price List
Set Menu 

Gloria Maris Set Menu Price List
Set Menu 2
Chinese Fine Dining is always expected when you eat in Gloria Maris. They always serve a generous amount of freshly cooked food per table. It was actually like eating in a (Chinese) buffet except all the food is served on your table so you don't have to leave your seat. 

Service was also very satisfactory. Waiters were always available to fill your iced tea, a glass of water, or any request you might have. Their comfort rooms were also very clean and very accessible to the place.

5 stars for Gloria Maris Eastwood Mall branch. The restaurant might be small compared to other Gloria Maris branches, but they still served delicious food and good service. It might take some time before I come back here since I live in the south so I envy those who live nearby.

All pictures were taken by MyPhone My33.

Gloria Maris 
3rd Floor Eastwood Mall
Contact Number: 372-1216 / 0933-0405757 


No comments:

Post a Comment